OFC Plus Vision
Our vision at OFC Plus is to develop our young members into well rounded football players not only with skills and techniques but also a greater appreciation and love for the game of football.
What is the OFC Plus Advanced Program?
- In its third year running OFC Plus is a high-quality advanced development program for our talented young players Under 7 to Under 11 in the Football St George Non Competition grades.
- All OFC Plus teams will be submitted as Advanced teams to play in the highest grade available within Football St George
- Each player must trial for their position every year
- Open to boys and girls
- Two nights of training during the week by a qualified and experienced coach
- The second night of training is co-coached by a parent/game day coach who will lead them into Game Day (Saturday or Sunday)
- Training to start in early March 2022 and continue through to the last week of season. The season is approximately 16-18 weeks.
When are the trials?
Trials were completed in Nov 2021 and players selected for the OFC Plus 2022 program have been notified.
- The OFC Plus coaches will be led by Matt Jones and Kris Wylie.
- As the age groups and interest has grown Oatley Football Club is looking for more qualified coaches. If you know anyone or you yourself are a qualified or seeking to be qualified coach (male or female) please contact email@example.com
Matt is a highly experienced and valued member of Oatley Football Club. He has been coaching at the club since 2013 and held many positions on the committee for the past 8 years. The last two years he has spearheaded the highly successful OFC Plus development program.
Matt’s achievements at Oatley Football Club include coaching junior and senior A grade teams taking them to semis and finals with the senior women’s A team winning 2 premierships within the past four years. Matt has also been supporting other coaches in his role as Club Coach.
Prior to coaching Matt played 25 years for Menai Hawks FC, in the Sutherland Shire Association playing in the highest grades winning many Club Premierships, State Cup Championships and Champions of Champions.
Matt has an FFA C Licence.
Kris is another highly experienced player, coach and committee member at Oatley Football Club. This year will be his 10th year coaching A level football within the St George Association and will also be his second year being associated with the successful OFC Plus program. Prior to joining OFC, Kris has also held Head Coach (Coaching Convenor) Roles at his previous club.
Regarding playing experience, Kris spent just under 20 years playing Premier League in the ESFA competition for the highly successful Pagewood-Botany club. Also culminating in Captaining that side for several years. Kris has also represented his country in multiple overseas Corporate games events, again including Captaining these teams in two separate tournaments.
Kris comes from an educational background and professionally manages high performance corporate teams, he is a great communicator and provides a wonderful environment for the young players in his charge.
- Provide those high potential players the opportunity to play in the top grades in Football St George
- Provide these players with the skills and game day tactics required
- Provide a safe and supportive environment where children continue to have fun
The program will:
- focus on the four core skills of football – striking the ball, one vs one, first touch and running with the ball.
- include tactical strategies and skills that can be transferred to game day.
- encourage focus, decision making and awareness within the team environment.
- promote resilience and positivity (viewing challenges as learning opportunities).
- motive and excite our young players to do their best.
- enhance the technical expertise of our game day coaches through their inclusion in the training sessions.
- We believe two nights of coaching is needed if the player intends to play in a higher grade.
- The 2 nights of training will be a well-blended mix of skills training and game day training. These 2 elements are often blended into the one session which creates a well-rounded session for the players.
- At Oatley Football Club we will always remain a community and grassroots Football club however we see a need to ensure our children continue to love the game and having parent support and involvement is imperative to this goal.
- At Oatley Football Club we believe we need to build the capacity of coaches within the club. The parent or game day coach will be supported by the OFCPlus Coach and Oatley Football Club with coaching resources and access to accreditation through FSG or more senior licences through Football NSW.
- The cost to the program is $175 not including the club registration fee
- If your child is accepted after the trial we ask for a $100 non refundable deposit to hold that spot until the season starts in April. Training will start in March.
- We want to see how 2022 goes but will provide a series of mini sessions for all the players/teams of Under 6s that focus on the core skills of football in a positive and fun environment.